The ONLY Certified Organic Cotton Dust Mite Barriers Tested by an Independent Lab
Dust mites are microscopic bugs that can cause a lot of discomfort in the form of allergic/asthmatic reactions for people who are sensitive or overexposed to them. Dust mites like a moister environment and like their name suggests, they like dust. Beds are a prime habitat (where we spend a third of our life). A typical used mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside.
Depending on the person and the level of exposure, reactions can range from itchy eyes to asthma attacks. Estimates are that dust mites may be a factor in 50 to 80 percent of asthmatics, as well as in countless cases of eczema, hay fever and other allergic ailments. Learn more about dust mites.
Unlike synthetic or vinyl covers, our barrier-cloth is breathable and soft to the touch, providing a safe and comfortable sleeping surface that separates you from dust mites and dust mite debris.
No further contamination is added from any chemicals or urethanes. These dust mite barriers are chemical free. The last thing you need are chemical fumes on top of trying to eliminate asthma or allergy irritation from dust mites!
The use of barrier covers on your futons, mattresses and pillows can prevent dust mites from entering them and laying eggs in your bedding thereby reducing exposure. Natural wool and natural rubber seem to also act to deter dust mites (which are about 100 microns) naturally. It is also recommended that you replace feather or down pillows and mattresses as part of eliminating dust mite exposure. Dust mite barrier covers are also excellent protectors for our organic mattress toppers.
To help allergy proof your room and protect you from exposure, No Feathers Please offers a barrier cloth by Pure Rest that is a high 440 thread count SKAL certified organic cotton fabric that is then heat pressed to tighten the fibers to a pore size .6 micron opening - recommended to protect against dust mites debris. In addition:
- Pure Rest Organics assures us that they are currently the only dust mite barrier manufacturer on the continent that can provide a completely chemical free barrier cover.
- Our dust mite barriers are not dyed to make them look richer (dyes are not used whenever possible).
- Barriers are closed with a hard plastic zipper to keep dust mites out - metal zippers are not completely sealed when closed and still have openings.
- Zippers provided on 3 sides for easier installing.
- Not only will you get high quality protection but great value too. No Feathers Please is priced at 10-15% below the manufacturers suggested retail price.
We offer the following types of Barriers for your bedding:
- Zipped Style Barriers - recommended for futons or older mattresses. Available in widths from 6 to 16". To obtain the best fit add one inch to your mattress size. For example if your mattress or futon is 10", order the 10-12" barrier.
- Zipped Style Pillowcase Barriers - recommended for all pillows.
- Zipped Style Barriers for Toppers and Comforters - recommended for protecting your topper and your comforter.
- Fitted Sheet Style Barrier - recommended for new mattresses (actually resembles a fitted sheet). Back to top